In today’s world, chronograph watches for men are considered to be one of the most renowned categories of timepieces available in the market. But the interesting fact is they have been prevalent in the horology world since the beginning of the 20th century.
It is for no reason that chronograph watches have acclaimed the title of ‘jumped-up stopwatches’. Because of the fact that they have one additional functionality, they are way more than just telling the time. These watches usually come with highly intricate designs and mesmerizing features that have received an overwhelming response both from watch aficionados and regular watch-wearing men.
The majority of people have the misconception that a chronograph watch is highly expensive. With amazing brands like Sylvi in India, these categories of watches can be worn by everyone irrespective of their price budget, and age groups.
What is a Chronograph Watch?
Before we go into the detail of the features of chronograph watches it is very important to know exactly about them. The term ‘chronograph’ is nothing but a fancy name for stopwatches in present days and the term has Greek origin. The world-famous Louis Moinet discovered the first-ever chronograph device that was launched as an astronomical equipment. Then in 1821, the remarkable watchmaker Nicolas Mathieu Rieussec made the first-ever commercial version of a chronograph timepiece for the King Louis XVIII. But it was in the mid-20th century, that these particular categories of watches reached their peak of popularity.
A chronograph watch is nothing but a stopwatch that is used to measure periods or lapse of time. On the look front, they are distinguished as watches that have two or three sub-dials on the watch face. They also come with two push buttons to start and stop the chronograph function without interfering with the other features of the watch.
There are many chronograph watches that come with a tachymeter inscribed around the edges of the watch dial. This feature enables the user to convert the elapsed time to speed. They are extremely versatile and can be easily used by users for mechanical purposes as well as for regular uses to prefer to look stylish. With Sylvi chronograph watches you will never regret on the style front.
How to use Chronograph Watches?
As already informed chronograph timepieces for men are the beautiful combination of a dress watch with a stopwatch. The prime key to operating these types of watches is to understand the usage of 3 sub-dials with hours, minutes, and seconds. They are small counterparts that are located separately through these sub-dials on the watch face. Apart from these sub-dials, they also have the hour, minute, and second hands.
The chronograph watches that have more complex functionalities even have additional hands that measure even tenths of a second. Sylvi chronograph watches come with a 1/100th second chronograph feature.
It is impossible that a chronograph watch wouldn’t have two pusher buttons along with the centre crown button. These pusher buttons on both sides of the crown button is used to start and stop or reset the chronograph function of the watch. Please keep in mind, that the other feature of these watches continues to function like a typical watch.
The main second hand of the chronograph watch is the most flexible tool. With the help of the pusher buttons, this second hand can be started, stopped, and even returned back to zero.
The lower pusher button is the Reset button to place the chronograph back to zero. It is mainly aligned with the 4 o’clock mark of the watch face.
Now coming to the sub-dials of the chronograph watches. The topmost sub-dial is with the minute hand and measures how many minutes have elapsed once the timer has been started. The middle one or the leftmost sub-dial is the hour hand of the chronograph that measures the duration of hours passed once the timer is started. The small second hand of the chronograph is located at the bottom sub-dial that measures how many seconds have crossed once the timer is started.
So basically, the sub-dials measure the exact number of seconds, minutes, and hours that have elapsed once the chronograph timer of the watch is started. Several high-end chronograph watches also have the capability to record up to non-stop 12 hours while the affordable ones are capable enough to record for 30 minutes.
Important Reasons to Buy a Chronograph Watch
Now that you know in detail about chronograph watches and the exact ways to operate them, let me help you by highlighting the points that will let you realize whether you need a chronograph watch or not.
- The most important thing is it is absolutely cool to own a chronograph watch that will add some extra spark to your prized watch collection. One thing is for sure, a good brand chronograph watch like Sylvi is never to be regretted. They are versatile and you can wear it while brewing your coffee to even driving your car.
- A chronograph watch is more than just a typical normal function watch. There are many high-end chronograph watches that are capable enough to measure the heart rate, measure and calculate average speed, and also keep track of two events simultaneously. There are some chronograph watches that come with a telemeter function as well with the help of which you can measure the distance.
Sylvi chronograph watches are a testament to intricate craftsmanship and remarkable features with ethereal designs. You will never know that there are affordable chronograph watches available in the market without using the ones from Sylvi. Apart from the chronograph feature, they also come with a date display, work with the Japanese Quartz movement, record split time, and 3 ATM water resistance.
- Owning a chronograph watch means you have two watches in one. Apart from having a beautiful-looking watch, you don’t need to separately purchase a stopwatch. In the world of horology, there are even multi-scale chronographs that are extremely renowned. Tachymeters are the jewel features of chronograph watches.
- If you are looking for a luxury watch for men and want to experience royalty, then you should definitely purchase a Sylvi chronograph watch. It will undoubtedly take you on a journey that you have never experienced before. A smartphone and a smartwatch can never replace the unbeatable aura of a classic chronograph watch.
- Owning a Sylvi chronograph timepiece means you are a keeper of history that will always be iconic. The high-end ones are still the favourite of divers around the world. If budget is not your concern, then you should definitely go for the high-end designer chronograph watches for men.
- These days you will also find a digital chronograph watch that comes with a digital display along with the chronograph sub-dials on the watch face.
- Nothing can be more visually appealing than a chronograph watch for men. It's period that they look amazingly stylish with impressive looks and class. People with a deeper understanding of timepieces would know their speciality about them.
Tips to Consider while Buying a Chronograph Watch
It is essential to know about the tips before purchasing a chronograph watch.
- Buy one like Sylvi that is simple and easy to read.
- Your chronograph watch should fit into your wrist most perfectly and comfortably like the ones from Sylvi.
- The features mentioned should be capable of recording time for the intended duration.
- It is an additional preference if it has a luminous reading to be readable in the dark as well.
- The pushers should work properly and remarkably designed.
- It should be both water and scratch/shock-resistant like Sylvi.
- It should work with the Japanese Quartz movement.
It is surprisingly straightforward to use a Sylvi Chronograph watch. All you need is to activate the chronograph function by pressing the start or stop pusher button. The moment it is pressed, the second hand in the main dial will start moving which would indicate the elapsed time. If you want to pause, press the same pusher button again. If you want to reset to the original position, press the reset pusher button at the bottom.
Though both of them have similar functionalities, there are some distinct differences between a dual-time watch and a chronograph watch. A dual-time watch has two hour hands to measure the time in two different zones simultaneously. Whereas a chronograph has 3 sub-dials to measure hours, minutes, and seconds separately.
A chronograph watch comes with 3 sub-dials along with the main watch dial. The main watch dial measures the normal time. The three sub-dials are minute, hour, and second which separately measure the elapsed time of the chronograph. They are usually used to record split times.
A Sylvi chronograph watch is highly long-lasting if you maintain it properly. It is always advised not to use the watch during swimming or diving activities. Clean the watch with a clean muslin cloth on a weekly basis. Most importantly, the watch should be worn at least once a week to run the battery smoothly.
The chronograph watches are available in mechanical, automatic, and quartz movement. The mechanical chronograph watches were the initial ones and are still the most expensive ones. Then came the automatic chronograph watches which are also quite expensive on the price front. The quartz chronograph watches are the most commonly used and are of great quality with affordable price range.
Always own a part of history with the royalty and elegance of timekeeping by owning a Sylvi Chronograph Watch!!!